Terms & Conditions
- It is in the client's responsibility to check all furniture before leaving the showroom as any modification requested after delivery is not reconciled under payment made prior to its reception.
- When your goods have been finished and checked prior to delivery by our workshop, you will be contacted to arrange delivery at a mutually convenient time. We will make every effort to arrange deliveries on the days and time slots you have requested.
- Delivery in the UK is not inclusive but subcontracted to a seperate delivery company. All deliveries are changes at cost and clients will be advised on costs and invoiced prior to delivery.
- Arranging delivery overseas is usually organised by La Maison are made at the discretion of the management, subject to quotation and only in the capacity of an intermediary.
- Orders must be paid in full before delivery will be made.
- A minimum of 48 hours notice must be given to cancel a pre-arranged delivery. Re-delivery will be organised at La Maison discretion and may incur additional charges.
- Goods will be stored free of charge for 2 weeks from the time that the goods are available for delivery. Any storage time over and above this will be subject to an additional storage charge. You will be advised of this when we inform you that your goods are ready for delivery.
- Deliveries include unpacking assembly and installation. Any installation requirements must be specified at the time of order and are subject to an additional fee. Installation applies to free standing orders only and is not available for accessories e.g. mirrors and light fittings.
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure that all door and window frames, stairways, halls and other points of access are large enough to ensure delivery.
- Special delivery requirements are subject to quotation e.g. window removal/crane hire.
- Goods that are unable to be delivered as a result of problems involving access that we were not noted at the time of ordering will not be refunded. Customers will be required to nominate an alternative delivery location.
- Claims regarding shortages or goods damaged on delivery ,must be made at the time of delivery and note on the delivery receipt. No claims for shortages will be accepted after delivery.
- Damage associated with common carrier shipments is the responsibility of the carrier. La Maison will facilitate claim solution, however it will not process a repair/refund until the carrier approves your claim.
- Fabrication lead-times are given by way of indication. Possible delays can in no way give rise to cancellation or payment for the prejudice caused with interest.
- If for any reason delivery is delayed. La Maison is not liable for any loss caused, including but not limited to consequential loss, such as loss of profit or opportunity.
Damage/ Faulty goods:
- Dimensions quoted should be taken as approximate. In relation to the mattress size a bed frame is made to accommodate, extra is added to the internal dimension to compensate for any inaccuracy, which may occur in the artisan style of making.
- Claims regarding damaged merchandise that are made after delivery are not recorded on the delivery note will be considered at the discretion of La Maison but must be made within 24 hours of receipt of delivery.
- Due to their unique nature special orders including made-to-order and non-stock items are not returnable or refundable. This does not apply to faulty goods and does not affect your statutory rights.
- No liability will be accepted for damage to property unless the damage is noted on the delivery notice at the time of delivery.
- All deliveries must be inspected and signed by the customer to indicate that the goods have been delivered in good condition.
- Goods remain the property of La Maison London until all goods are paid in full.
- If an order is paid for by cheque, sufficient time will be allowed for the funds to be cleared before delivery dates are confirmed.
- Payment must be made in full prior to delivery, A deposit will be required at the time of ordering. Deposits made are non refundable.
- No form of payment can be offered to the delivery team/company under any circumstances.
Matching fabrics/ Colour Finishes:
- We use handcrafted skills in the making of our pieces; imperfections are part of the intrinsic charm of this kind of furniture. Each piece is unique, there may be differences in carving, colour, or dimensions if compared to any models, pictures or samples seen prior to the order.
- Due to their unique nature it is not possible to guarantee that items made from natural products (such as marble/ wood/leather) or that have a distressed finish will have the same colour/pattern/finish as the items viewed withwer in the store or in a catalogue.
Orders and Cancellations:
- At LA Maison London discretion, amendments may be made to orders up to 24 hours after the order has been placed.
- It is the customers responsibility to check the order form and confirm that all details are correct (including the products and address).
- Any item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.
- A restocking fee of 20% of the item price applies.
- Buyer is responsible for return shipping charges and will not be reimbursed for the original shipping cost.
Pieces must be returned in the same condition as purchased. Any damage to the piece could occur in an additional restoration fee.
- It is up to you to pay any cost of the return shipping.
- You are responsible for the product(s) until La Maison London receives it. We recommend shipping options which include tracking
- The piece must be returned in its original condition
Returns are accepted on all LML antique and reproduction stock however we can’t accept returns on items that have been made to order or that have been customised in any way
Limitation of liability
The Company shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss of profit, damage, injury or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with the services provided or as a result of goods sold by found to be not fit for the purpose intended by the Customer.
The Company’s total liability to the Customer in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the services provided shall not exceed the value of the contract between the parties.
Where Restoration Services are provided the Company’s liability for the following is excluded:
- any natural variations in the goods including but not limited to characteristics caused by age and/or usage, colour variation, damage caused by the Customer and/or third parties, by inappropriate use of the goods and/or alterations made to the goods before and/or after the restoration services have been completed.
The Company shall not be liable to the Customer as a result of any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this contract as a result of an event beyond the reasonable control of the Company.